Woo hoo! We're number three....and number eight.......and number ten!
Three metropolitan areas in Florida made the top ten list of cities with the highest foreclosures in the country according to RealtyTrac. While foreclosure rates have gone down, these three areas lag behind the rest of the country:
10. Orlando-Kissimmee, Fla.
- Foreclosure rate: One in 347 homes
- Number of homes: 942,312 (24th most)
- Foreclosures (April 2012): 2,717 (16th most)
- Home price decline from peak: 54.2 percent (sixth largest decline)
8. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla.
- Foreclosure rate: One in 315 homes
- Number of homes: 1,353,158 (17th most)
- Foreclosures: (April 2012): 4,295 (eighth most)
- Home price decline from peak: 48 percent (eighth largest decline)
3. Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Foreclosure rate: One in 273 homes
- Number of homes: 2,464,417 (fifth most)
- Foreclosures: (April 2012): 9,031 (3rd most)
- Home price decline from peak: 54.2 percent (seventh largest decline)
Meanwhile, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has diverted some of the state's share of foreclosure settlement money to the state budget, and homeowners wait to see what she'll do with the rest of the settlment money.